Domestic Abuse In Florida

If you are the victim of domestic abuse in Florida there are ways you can petition the Court for help with or without an attorney. The first step is to identify that there is a problem that you need to deal with. If you need to you can contact the police. However, many domestic situations have not arisen to the level of involving police. If you are fearful for your safety you can file for an ex parte emergency injunction against the person who is threatening you.

You can actually download the petitions and forms on the internet at You need to provide all of the information requested by the forms to seek appropriate relief. You may need to provide copies of any additional documents upon which your motion might rely. This could be the case if you are asking the Court to enforce an out of state order or previous judgment.

Although this process is setup so that individuals can file for relief on their own, it is a good idea to consult with an attorney regarding the process and the relief to which you might be entitled.

Domestic abuse is a serious issue in Florida. If you have questions about your rights then contact a Florida Family Law attorney.

Contact Information