Modifying Child Custody: What Are Grounds To Do So In Florida?

The dissolution has been finalized and child custody has been determined but now one party is infringing on the other party’s relationship with the minor child or children. What is that parent to do? This happens quite a bit after the finalization of custody in Florida, but the Courts have provided the parent who’s relationship is being infringed upon with a solution. That parent can bring an action to modify custody before the Court and normally, the Court will strongly consider changing custody to the parent who is most likely to continue fostering a strong and loving relationship with the non-custodial parent. The infringement must be severe, however and should accompany violations of other factors. Please contact our firm if you believe your relationship with your children is being affected due to the actions of your former spouse. There may be a remedy for you.

Contact Information